The First Baptist Church was organized on September 25, 1842 in Williams Grove, Nescopeck.

During our church history, we have had three church buildings with one being destroyed by fire and one found to be unsafe.  The third is our present building, which had the cornerstone laid in June of 1895.

In 1975, our Christian Education Building was completed.  This building houses the main office, the pastor's office, a supply room, 2 Sunday school classrooms, a nursery, and a lounge.